Solutions for Testing Cable and Connector Continuity
Test and Measurement Solutions for Automotive Applications
The automotive industry is constantly increasing the presence of technology in vehicles. In excess of 100 separate control units will be part of average modern car, all generating more and more applications for informing and entertaining the passengers. All these devices, connected with each other, are constantly sending data to central computers or displays.
Anritsu has a wide variety of handheld RF test instruments to check cables, connectors, antennas and amplifiers. Click the link below to access the Anritsu Handheld Product Selector Tool.
MS46121B 1-Port USB Vector Network Analyzer
The MS46121B is part of the ShockLine™ family of Vector Network Analyzers. The product covers a frequency range from 150 kHz to 6 GHz, and is capable of 1-port s-parameter and band pass time domain (distance to fault) measurements. It is a small, low-cost, portable tool ideal for measuring RF cables, connectors and antennas for the automotive industry.
- The Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) is controlled through USB from an external PC
- Option 2 provides a Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR) like display that enables real impedance measurements over frequency
- With option 21, scalar transmission measurements between MS46121A instruments can be performed in various configurations
MS46122B USB Vector Network Analyzer
The MS46122B is a series of three PC-controlled Compact ShockLine Vector Network Analyzers with a frequency range from 1 MHz to 8/20/43.5 GHz. The series benefits from patented shockline VNA-on-chip technology, which simplifies the internal VNA architecture at high frequencies, reduces instrument cost, and enhances accuracy and measurement repeatability.
All the members of the MS46122B series are low cost full-reversing 2-port VNAs aimed at RF and microwave applications in manufacturing, engineering and education. With 220 microseconds per point sweep speed and better than 100 dB dynamic range they are extremely suitable for a wide variety of device test applications in the Automotive Industry, such as cable, connectors, antenna or radar.
- World’s first series of compact VNAs from 1 MHz to 43.5 GHz for cost-effective measurements.
- PC control takes advantage of external computer processing power and functionality.
S362E Handheld Spectrum Analyzer
The Site Master™ S362E compact handheld cable and antenna analyzer can complete sweeps quickly, perform calibrations instantly and implement fast trace naming while in the field.
It is the ideal product for cable and antenna installation and maintenance in the automotive industry. Insertion loss, 2-port measurements of amplifiers, duplexers, diplexers or filters, phase matching cables and antenna tuning are relevant applications fitting into the upcoming in-vehicle networks.
- Cable and antenna analyzer: 2 MHz - 6 GHz
- Return Loss, Cable Loss, VSWR, Distance-To-Fault, Smith Chart, 1-Port Phase
- Field-proven design: Four-hour battery life, rugged, compact, lightweight, daylight viewable display
MS2035B VNA Master + Spectrum Analyzer
The Anritsu MS2035B VNA Master + Spectrum Analyzer is an affordable and compact handheld solution to address cable, antenna, component and signal analysis needs in a portable, battery operated package. The VNA Master provides precise field portable diagnostics of automotive cables, connectors, antennas and RF amplifiers. It includes a powerful spectrum analyzer making it a single measurement powerhouse for spectrum monitoring, interference analysis, RF measurements, and regulatory compliance.
- VNA Master – 500 kHz – 6 GHz
- 2-port, 1-path Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface (GUI) with convenient Touch Screen
- Spectrum Analyzer – 9 kHz – 6 GHz
- Dynamic Range: > 95 dB in 10 Hz RBW
- DANL: –162 dBm (1 Hz)