RF & Microwave Interference Analysis Certification
RF & Microwave Interference Analysis Certification is an intense 3-day instructor led training course focusing on fundamentals of spectrum analysis and RF signal interference analysis. If you are interested in mastering radio interference hunting and/or radio interference finding, this is the class for you!
Price: $2,195 per student
Download the "RF & Microwave Interference Analysis" Course Brochure
Private RF & Microwave Interference Analysis Certification classes are available in the contiguous U.S. beginning at $17,560 for up to 8 students.
Who Should Attend
- Wireless Carriers
- Base Station OEMs
- Field Engineers
- Site Managers
- WLAN Installers
How You Will Benefit
- Review of RF Basics
- A thorough understanding of Handheld Spectrum Analyzer operation
- How to make measurements such as Channel Power, Occupied Bandwidth, Adjacent Channel Power, Field Strength, and Carrier to Interference Ratio
- Fundamentals of Interference in Wireless Networks
- A process for determining if interference is causing a problem and locating its source
- Practical tips on measuring interference
What You Will Cover
Lecture 1: Introduction
- Frequency and Wavelength
- Amplitude Units
- Decibels And Ratios
- Antenna Fundamentals
Lecture 2: Modulation
- Amplitude Modulation
- Frequency Modulation
- Phase Modulation
Lecture 3: Spectrum Analyzers
- Super Heterodyne Principle
- Frequency Range and Span
- Amplitude, Units and Detection Options
- Sensitivity and Noise Figure
- Sweep Options
Lecture 4: Measurement Fundamentals
- Effect of Resolution Bandwidth
- Effect of Video Bandwidth
- Attenuator Functions / Minimizing Spurious
- Resolving Closely Spaced Signals
- Using Markers (Peak/Delta/Noise)
- Trace Operations: Max / Min Hold and Averaging
- Using Multiple Traces Effectively
- Limit Lines, Limit Envelope and Save On Event
- Harmonic Distortion
Lecture 5: Field Measurements
- Field Strength
- Occupied Bandwidth
- Channel Power
- Adjacent Channel Power Ratio
- AM/FM Demodulation
- Coverage Mapping Option
Lecture 6: Fundamentals of Interference in Wireless Networks
- Sources of Interference
- Recognizing and Identifying the Interference
- Interference Hunting Tools
- 2.4 GHz Interference and Examples
- Spurious Emission Limits in the US and Internationally
- IP3 (Third Order Intercept Point)
- Predicting IMD Frequencies and Amplitude from IP3
- Image Frequencies
- Antennas and Antenna Gain (dBi vs. dBd)
- Antenna Mismatch Loss and Polarization Loss
Lecture 7: Practical Tips on Measuring Interference
- Connecting the Spectrum Analyzer to the System
- Interference Analysis Option Functions (Option 25)
- Direction Finding via Pattern Slewing, Triangulation and Mapping
- Doppler System Direction Finding
- Duplexer Caused Self-Interference
- Crest Factor
- Finding Interference
- Case Studies to Emphasize Learning Points Throughout the Class
Lab 1: Basic Operation
Lab 2: Modulation
Lab 3: Advanced Measurements
Lab 4: Free Space Propagation and Measurement of Digital to Analog Signal Interference
Lab 5: Manual Determination of a Source of Interference
What Our Students Are Saying
"This has been a great opportunity to have such a knowledgeable instructor with such vast experience and examples referring to normal life. This course will give us more experience and confidence in our duties during our daily activities."
"One of the best teachers I've had. I've taken a lot of courses, and [the instructor] makes it easy to pay attention, and keeps the course very interesting."
"I would recommend this course to other technicians working with any RF related issues. Knowledgeable staff/great learning tools."
Why Anritsu Training?
- Hands-on: Learn by doing the task and not by watching. 50% of the course is hands-on.
- Critical Emphasis: Fine tune the points and techniques that are of particular importance to your operations. Our skilled instructors and staff can tailor the module to meet your requirements.
- Schedule: Training sessions can be easily scheduled months in advance. Get more specific details regarding class location, including information on discounts or having a dedicated training session at your company site by contacting us directly at email@example.com or by registering for a class online.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE REGISTERING:
- Classes will be canceled if minimum registration of 6 students is not met two weeks prior to the class dates.
- Credit card orders are authorized but not charged until the class is confirmed.
- Once a class is confirmed, any student wishing to cancel must provide written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to the class date or be subject to a cancelation fee up to 100% of the registration price.
6/6/2017 - 6/8/2017
PINE BROOK, NJ: Hosted by Anritsu @ @ 10 New Maple Ave., Unit 305, Pine Brook, NJ 07058
7/11/2017 - 7/13/2017
PINE BROOK, NJ: Hosted by Anritsu Company @ 10 New Maple Avenue Unit 305 Pine Brook NJ 07058