LMR Master Certification
The S412E LMR Master from Anritsu is a single instrument that combines all of the tools required to install, maintain, and certify Land Mobile Radio systems.
This four day instructor-led certification class will give students a complete overview of the S412E LMR Master, enabling them to fully utilize the many features and functions of this instrument. Live polling quiz questions and extensive use of hands-on labs throughout builds confidence and helps students become proficient using the instrument.
The entire first day is spent familiarizing the student with every facet of the Spectrum Analyzer mode plus coverage mapping. Hands-on mini-labs throughout the day familiarize students with every function immediately after covering the topic in lecture. Since decibels are the language of RF (radio frequency) measurements, the students also learn an easy way to calculate decibels in their head.
The second day of class covers RF interference scientifically but in an easy to understand format that teaches successful interference hunting techniques. The day culminates with a live interference hunt where each student must work independently to identify and locate their own distinct source of interference.
On day three, students will learn to test cables and antennas, tune Duplexers, and learn to interpret digital measurements (Eye Diagrams and Constellations). Each student will be given a cable, antenna and Duplexer during several hands-on lab activities.
Day four is spent covering optional topics such as P25, NXDN, DMR2, PTC and LTE signals, learn to use the Channel Scanner, GPS and Power Meter functions in the S412E as well as MST (Master Software Tools) to display measurements and create reports. A final review of all the quiz questions is conducted before the final written exam is given. Students that successfully complete the course receive an LMR Master Certificate of Completion and Photo ID Badge.
"The training was nothing short of exceptional. I feel like I learned more in one week than in a semester in college. Jeremy is an excellent instructor. This class was worth every penny and more."
- G. Jarvis, Student 2015
Price: $2,495 per student
Private, on-site classes in the U.S. typically require a minimum of 8 students.
Fill out our Training and Education Inquiry Form with details about your requirements, and we'll be in touch with you personally to discuss options.
Who Should Attend
- Field Engineers
- Field Technicians
- Public Safety Equipment Distributors & Manufacturers
The following modes and topics are covered:
- Frequency and Wavelength
- Amplitude Units (Logarithmic vs. Linear)
- Decibels And Ratios
- Amplitude Modulation, Frequency Modulation and Phase Modulation
- Recognizing Modulation Types
- Frequency Range and Span
- Amplitude, Units and Detection Options
- Reference Level Offset
- Sensitivity and Noise Figure
- Effect of Resolution- Bandwidth
- Effect of Video Bandwidth
- Attenuator Functions / Minimizing Spurious
- Resolving Closely Spaced Signals
- Using Markers (Peak/Delta/Noise)
- Trace Operations: Max / Min Hold and Averaging
- Using Multiple Traces Effectively
- Limit Lines, Limit Envelope and Save On Event
- AM/FM Demodulation
- Coverage Mapping Option
- Sources of Interference: Self-Generated, Intentional and Unintentional
- Recognizing and Identifying the Interference
- Interference Hunting Tools
- Spurious Emission Limits in the US and Internationally
- IP3 (Third Order Intercept Point)
- Predicting IMD Frequencies and Amplitude from IP3
- Image Frequencies
- Antennas and Antenna Gain (dBi vs. dBd)
- Antenna Mismatch Loss and Polarization Loss
- Interference Analysis Option Functions (Option 25)
- Signal Strength Meter
- IA Mapping (Locating the Interference with On-Display Map)
- Direction Finding via Pattern Slewing, Triangulation and Mapping
- Tracking Interference in Hilly or Urban Areas
- Doppler System Direction Finding
- Duplexer Caused Self-Interference
- Crest Factor
- Measuring a P25 Signal using BER, Eye Diagram and Constellation
- The Performance of a P25 Signal as its C/I Ratio Degrades (Theory and Demo)
- Narrowband FM testing
- SINAD Test Classroom Demo
- Case Studies to Emphasize Learning Points Throughout the Class
The following labs will be completed:
- Lab 1: Basic Operation
- Lab 2: Modulation
- Lab 3: Advanced Measurements
- Lab 4a: Free Space Propagation
- Lab 4b: Measurement of Digital to Analog Signal Interference
- Lab 5: Manual Determination of a Source of Interference
- Lab 6a: Test a Cable and Locate its Bad Spot
- Lab 6b: Retune a 450 MHz Duplexer
Why Anritsu training?
- Hands-on: Learn by doing! Learn the theory and perform the measurements. A significant portion of the course contains lab exercises with simulated signals and conditions measured with the S412E LMR Master.
- Thorough Emphasis: Students will learn to perform typical measurements including Line Sweeping, Over-the-Air and demodulated RF measurements, power measurements, Interference Analysis, Spectrum Analyzer based measurements, and duplexer tuning.
- Cost Savings: Eliminate or significantly reduce your travel expenses because training sessions are offered at a location near you (or even at your location).
- Schedule: Training sessions can be easily scheduled months in advance. Get specific details regarding class locations, information on discounts, or having a dedicated training session at your company site by contacting us. Or, register for a class online.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE REGISTERING:
- Classes will be canceled if minimum registration of 6 students is not met two weeks prior to the class dates.
- Credit card orders are authorized but not charged until the class is confirmed.
- Once a class is confirmed, any student wishing to cancel must provide written notice to us-training(ATMARK)anritsu.com at least 14 days prior to the class date or be subject to a cancelation fee up to 100% of the registration price.
10/18/2022 - 10/21/2022
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL: Hosted by Anritsu @ Location TBD
11/8/2022 - 11/11/2022
MORGAN HILL, CA: Hosted by Anritsu @ 490 Jarvis Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037