The ME7877A and ME7878A Mobile Communications Test Systems are automatic systems for testing the W-CDMA spurious emissions characteristics of W-CDMA mobile terminals. In addition, the ME7877A supports GSM spurious emissions measurements, and the ME7878A supports W-CDMA interference measurements.
These systems consist of various measuring instruments based around the MT8820A Radio Communication Analyzer and special test software. They can be used for executing the W-CDMA measurements specified in sections 5 (Transmitter Tests) and 6 (Receiver Tests) of the 3GPP TS34.121 specifications. The ME7877A additionally executes GSM measurements in the 3GPP TS51.010 specifications.
Fast measurements and simple operation make these systems ideal for R&D link tests and mobile terminal recognition tests, as well as for production line lot tests and QC inspection tests.
The ME7877A system configuration is:
- MT8820A Radio Communication Analyzer for TRX measurement with call processing
- MX787720A W-CDMA/GSM Measurement Software
- MS8609A Digital Mobile Radio Transmitter Tester for spurious measurements
- MN7476A RF Interface unit for signal filtering (internal configuration is changed according to the frequency band)
- MN7451A RF Switch Driver Unit for switching the MN7476A internal signal path