Anritsu BERTWave MP2110A Sampling Oscilloscope Upgrade
Addition of Clock Recovery, PAM4 Analysis, and Jitter Analysis Functions
Anritsu Corporation announces the release of three new Clock Recovery, PAM4 Analysis, and Jitter Analysis options to upgrade the functions of its BERTWave MP2110A Sampling Oscilloscope for manufacturing and inspecting optical modules and devices.
Data traffic volumes are growing exponentially as fast-growing providers offer new unique services to users. As a result, optical modules supporting these services are switching to faster speeds of 200 and 400 Gbit/s while the transmission format is evolving from the earlier NRZ technology to PAM4. On the other hand, the need to evaluate the performance of actual modules in use requires provision of trigger signals to evaluate transmission equipment optical interfaces, as well as separation of Jitter components, etc. Consequently, to meet these diversifying measurement needs and manufacturing of PAM4 optical modules, Anritsu has added these highly effective options to the MP2110A to help shorten inspection times, increase production-line yields, and cut measurement equipment costs.
[Product Outline and Features]
In addition to the existing BER Measurement and EYE Pattern Analysis, adding these three new functions supports Clock Recovery, Jitter Analysis, and PAM4 Analysis using the all-in-one MP2110A. Each of these new options can be retrofitted at any time to the MP2110A.
- Option-095 PAM4 Analysis Software
This option supports measurements required for evaluating PAM4 optical signals, such as TDECQ.
- No complex settings and easy capture of measurement results
- Low noise (3.4 µW typ.) and high-sensitivity oscilloscope supports high-reproducibility measurements even with small EYE margin PAM4 signals
- High-speed sampling shortens time for collecting data required for TDECQ analysis; cutting measurement time helps improve productivity at PAM4 signal evaluation
- Option-054 Clock Recovery (Electrical/Optical)
This option recovers the trigger signal required by the sampling oscilloscope from the input data signal. It can be used for monitoring waveforms, such as for transmission equipment without a clock source.
- Built-in design supports easy and low cost measurement system configuration without complex cabling
- Supports recovery of both NRZ and PAM4 clocks to help cut equipment costs
- Reduces losses due to MP2110A internal dividers to minimize impact on sensitivity, which is especially useful for high-sensitivity monitoring of PAM signals
- Option-096 Jitter Analysis Software
This option supports separate analysis of different Jitter components, such as TJ, DJ, RJ, etc.
- Supports fast and easy measurements required by J2, J9, etc., manufacturing inspection (EYE Mode)
- Supports detailed DJ analysis (Advanced Jitter Mode)
- Supports simultaneous Jitter analysis and EYE Mask tests to shorten measurement time
Target Markets: PHY Layer Performance Evaluation for Optical Modules (CFP2/4/8, QSFP28, SFP28, OSFP, QSFP-DD, etc.), Active Optical Cables and Optical Device
Applications: Manufacturing and inspection of Optical Modules and Optical Devices
Anritsu Corporation (www.anritsu.com) has been a provider of innovative communications solutions for more than 120 years. The company's test and measurement solutions include wireless, optical, microwave/RF and digital instruments, operations support systems and solutions that can be used during R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed devices for design into communication products and systems. With the addition of OSS monitoring solutions it has expanded its offering to provide complete solutions for existing and next-generation wireline and wireless communication systems and service providers. Anritsu sells in over 90 countries worldwide with approximately 4,000 employees.
For further information please contact: