Anritsu Corporation releases the Category M FDD Uplink Tx Measurement MX887065A software, the Category M FDD Downlink Waveform Files MV887065A and Full Automatic Measurement Program to support RF tests of LTE Category M devices.
Installing these software packages in the MT8870A offers the world’s first turnkey automated measurement solution for testing and evaluating the RF TRx characteristics of up to four NB-IoT devices and modules at world-beating speed on mass-production lines. The automatic measurement program eliminates the need to develop control programs and cuts development time to zero. LTE Category M is a wireless technology based on License Band LPWA in parallel with NB-IoT. As well as anticipated smart city and freight tracking applications, it is expected to be adopted by emergency warning systems due to its support for voice communications.
LTE Category M is a Cellular IoT standard included in LTE-Advanced Pro. North American and European communications carriers have already started services, but Japan is expecting deployment from 2018. A key issue for smooth service rollout is assuring high mass-production efficiency to help cut terminal costs.
Measurement of LTE Category M devices can be automated using a program to control chipsets built into target devices, but—until now—these programs must be developed by each customer, which has required many hours of development work due to the need for a different program for each chipset type. Anritsu has developed its popular Universal Wireless Test Set MT8870A as a test instrument supporting mass-production of various wireless equipment ranging from legacy to recent designs. The company has also worked hand-in-hand with chipset vendors to establish measurement technologies for LTE Category M devices. Based on this work, Anritsu has developed the announced turnkey solution supporting automated evaluation at world-beating measurement speeds for up to four LTE Category M devices and chipsets without requiring a customer-developed control program.
The Universal Wireless Test Set MT8870A is a measurement instrument for mass-production of various types of wireless communications equipment and modules. Four high-performance tester units are installed in the main unit and each unit supports parallel independent measurement for evaluation of up to four wireless devices and modules.
Installing the developed Category M FDD Uplink Tx Measurement MX887065A software along with the Category M FDD Downlink Waveform Files MV887065A and Full Automatic Measurement Program supports automatic and fast testing (Tx power, frequency, modulation accuracy, modulation sensitivity, etc.) in accordance with the 3GPP LTE Category M RF test specifications.
- Higher Mass Productivity
- Up to four Category M devices and modules can be measured automatically, simultaneously, and at world-beating speed to increase mass-productivity.
- Lower Control Program Development Costs
- Conventionally, evaluation of Category M devices requires time-consuming development of a program for controlling (RF signal output and frequency switching, etc.,) the DUT from the measurement instrument. Control can be performed at lower cost using this fully automatic measurement program.
- High-Reliability Evaluation
- To assure excellent reliability, the Category M measurement software has been developed in cooperation with customers and special focus on interconnectivity tests with actual chipsets.
- Efficient Evaluations
- The MT8870A already fully supports 2G/3G/LTE/LTE-Advanced/NB-IoT, WLAN/Bluetooth, GPS, and FM evaluations. This new software release expands the test range further by adding Category M to multi-standard simultaneous low-cost testing of multiple wireless systems.
Target Markets: Category M chipset vendors, module vendors, finished-product vendors
Applications: Category M devices and device PHY-layer (RF) tests
Anritsu Corporation (www.anritsu.com) has been a provider of innovative communications solutions for more than 120 years. The company's test and measurement solutions include wireless, optical, microwave/RF and digital instruments, operations support systems and solutions that can be used during R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed devices for design into communication products and systems. With the addition of OSS monitoring solutions it has expanded its offering to provide complete solutions for existing and next-generation wireline and wireless communication systems and service providers. Anritsu sells in over 90 countries worldwide with approximately 4,000 employees.
For further information please contact: