The ORL Test Set Model 6025/S50 is a fast and easy-to-use handheld instrument designed for attenuation, power throughput and Optical Return Loss (ORL) measurements on point-to-point fiber optic links. It features a rugged design, built to withstand the difficult testing environments of fiber optic cable installation and maintenance. Calibrated at five wavelengths (850, 1300, 1310, 1550, and 1625 nm), it is ideal for testing in all singlemode and multimode fiber applications.
Test time is dramatically reduced and documentation errors eliminated when units are operating in the auto-wavelength switching mode. The auto wavelength switching mode synchronizes the light source with a GN-6025 series Power Meter or Loss Test Kits Model 6025 and automatically switching between two wavelengths. The user is able to store two loss readings and increment to the next fiber with only one button push for the easiest and fastest results available.
- ORL capability provides for advanced fiber reflectance characterization
- Combined light source and power meter permit loop-back and dual fiber testing
- Rugged design ensures years of use in the most challenging environments
- Multi-wavelength calibrations provide for L-band characterization
- LP View Windows®-based PC software enables efficient documentation and accurate reporting