Boost your 5G device verification efficiency with Anritsu SmartStudio NR
Anritsu launches SmartStudio NR as control software of Radio Communication Test Station MT8000A
Anritsu Corporation introduces its SmartStudio NR (SSNR) environment for interactive GUI-based functional 5G device testing as control software of Radio Communication Test Station MT8000A.
SmartStudio NR emulates the network conditions and communication between the 5G network and mobile terminal to implement efficient functional tests, application tests, and software regression tests without users requiring special knowledge about complex scripting and communication protocols between the base station and mobile terminal. And also by using an external control tool called SmartStudio Manager, it is possible to create and save operations of 5G device and SmartStudio NR as test cases to build automated test environments. For the advanced users, SSNR also provides interface to create IMS test scripts.
SmartStudio NR supports the following tests.
- Network connectivity tests and carrier aggregation tests
- Power consumption tests and temperature tests
- IP Throughput performance tests
- Messaging/IMS Tests
- Application tests using internet-connected test server and real application server
SmartStudio NR is the natural evolution of Anritsu’s successful SmartStudio product line introduced for 2G/3G/4G. Anritsu have provided SmartStudio as control software of Signalling Tester MD8475B and it doesn’t need protocol scenario development.
With the arise of 5G we identified two main issues
- Device complexity goes up dramatically, (5G NR FR1 & FR2 complexity), massive increase of band combo’s, interwork requirements with existing standards, and so on.
- Especially with release16 many new vertical markets, beside the traditional smartphone, are expected to be established. In those new markets many expert engineers are needed which not necessarily should focus on in depth cellular network technology.
SmartStudio NR is specifically designed with the objective in mind to address above issues and make complex real world scenarios simple.
The end-user can create network and application scenarios easy and efficient without having an in-depth knowledge of 3GPP protocol and scripting languages. The intuitive objective orientated user interface of SmartStudio creates in shortest and most efficient time a real world network scenario covering 2G/3G/4G/5G radio technologies.
Based on the long standing experience of Anritsu in cellular technologies the aim of SmartStudio NR is to enable rapid development of new devices such as Smartphones, game consoles, medical devices, automotive, AR/VR, and so on. in even new vertical markets identified by 3GPP and beyond.
With a built-in state-machine based GUI, the SmartStudio NR control software simulates a 5G/LTE base station and core network. It uses the MT8000A 5G evaluation platform as a Call Box to implement the following:
- Sub-6 GHz (FR1) RF cable connection and Over The Air (OTA) connection
- mmWave (FR2) OTA connection in combination with unique compact shield box design
- Changing cell parameters, DL/UL configuration and protocol monitoring (PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/L3) using GUI
- Built-in SMS, PWS Center, and IMS server
- Quasi-normal and abnormal simulation using network trigger
Target Markets and Applications
- Target Markets
5G Commercial Device vendors (Smartphone/ CPE/ Car OEM/Dashboard/Module vendors), Network Operators
5G commercial device quality improvement support tool includes high IP throughput tests, battery consumption tests, IP based Application test (IMS, SNS)
For further information please contact:
Anritsu Pte Ltd
11, Chang Charn Road
#04-01 Shriro House
Tel : 65-62822400
Contact Us for more information.