Anritsu Corporation (President Hirokazu Hamada) is pleased to announce the July-26 release of its built-in type 1550-nm AQA5500D (1.25-kHz sweep frequency) and AQB5500D (150-Hz sweep frequency) swept wavelength light sources for industrial, medical, infrastructure, and plant sensing applications.
These built-in types, compact, swept light source models are ideal for embodiment in customers’ various products. Like our conventional benchtop models, they feature mode-hopping free, single longitudinal-mode, narrow-band sweeping with excellent phase continuity and high coherence*1, supporting micron-order precision remote measurement from distances several tens of meters when used as a light source for optical frequency domain reflectometry (OFDR)*2.
They can be embodied in optical coherence tomography (OCT) and thin-film measurement equipment, as well as in factory automation (FA) shape-measuring instruments, and in OFDR systems for measurement of large structures. By contributing to development of new sensing technologies, these Anritsu swept wavelength light sources will support future IoT-based society.
Recently, OFDR, which is a type of optical measurement using laser interferometry, is finding applications in various fields, such as precision shape measurement, thin-film measurement, microstructure measurement, etc.
Anritsu developed this new range of compact, lightweight, built-in light sources to meet customers’ demand for devices that can be embodied in their products for these fields.
These Anritsu swept wavelength light sources feature single longitudinal-mode, narrow-band, phase-continuous, mode-hop-free wavelength sweeping. Incorporation as the core device in interferometers, optical receivers, A/D converters, etc., facilitates configuration of OFDR systems for high-speed measurement with micron-order accuracy over a wide range of several tens of meter.
CLICK FOR WAVELENGTH SWEPT LIGHT SOURCE DETAIL
Target Markets and Applications
- Target Markets
- Length, range and shape measurement in FA, infrastructure and medical
- Length, range and shape measurement:
- FA Field: Industrial OCT, precision measurement and inspection (Thin films, machined parts shape, burring, Scratches, etc.), remote measurement of vibration (real time) and harsh environments (sparks, etc.)
- Medical: Medical OCT, fiber sensing
- Infrastructure field: Deformation and displacement of large structures, fiber sensing
- *1 High Coherence
- High coherence indicates that the light has a long coherence length.
- *2 OFDR (Optical Frequency Domain Reflectometry)
- OFDR is one optical measurement method using the coherence of laser light. It has found recent applications in various fields due to its support for non-contact, high-accuracy measurement of the distance from the laser output to the target.