Position: Application Support Engineer
Experience: 1 to 3 yrs
Provide pre-sales technical and applications support to the Anritsu worldwide sale organisation for evaluations and demonstrations of Anritsu mobile wireless test products (RTD, PCT, and CAT).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within an established team of highly skilled support engineers from our office in Bangalore, India, provide pre-sales technical support to the Anritsu worldwide sales channel, Field Applications Engineers and customers for Anritsu’s 5G and LTE-A mobile wireless protocol test product range (RTD, PCT and CAT) and associated hardware platforms (MT8000A, MD8430A) and systems (ME7834NR)
- To develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the above products
- Provide pre-sales support for both commercialised & pre-commercialised products
- Provide pre-sales support for 5G, LTE and legacy protocol technologies including 5G NR, LTE-A and WCDMA, maintaining a broad technical understanding of 5G & LTE mobile technology, its applications and markets
- Professionally demonstrate the above products to customers both remotely and on-site around the world, focusing on customer teams involved in L2/L3 protocol and layer 1 testing in chipset, smartphone and IoT device development as well as on conformance and testing and carrier testing teams
- Identify and coordinate resources needed to deliver successful product demonstrations
- Manage customer technical evaluations of the products
- On occasion to conduct technical and product training for the Anritsu sales, marketing and support teams
- Provide answers to technical questions direct to customers or through the sales channel throughput the pre-sales cycle
- Provide technical input to customer tender documents
- To provide demonstration support at exhibitions
- Work closely with our in-house Engineering teams (India, UK, Japan etc.) to isolate and identify problems and to recommend alternative solutions
- Use Anritsu’s reporting systems to disseminate information throughout the pre-sales team and the wider organisation
- Generate support documentation, training material, presentations, support schedules as required, for internal and external use
- Handover responsibility of customer demonstration and evaluation projects to post-sales support once customer PO is received
- To work as part of a team, sharing ideas and skills to the benefit of the department and project.
- To be aware of all issues relating to quality and configuration control in a project environment, and ensure that tasks are performed in accordance with the department’s ISO9000 Quality Procedures.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer-facing role (pre-sales or post-sales support)
- Domain expertise in 3GPP LTE protocols (particularly RRC, RLC/MAC); > 2 yrs.
- Demonstrable expertise in more than one key area of UMTS telecommunications protocol, for example; RAB configurations, HSPA or Security procedures
- Appreciation of measurement techniques
- Ability to disseminate technical information in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of 5G NR (NSA, SA) protocols
- Familiarity with the use and typical applications of the Anritsu range of 5G and LTE-A products (RTD, PCT and CAT).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Good working knowledge of PC architecture including Windows
- Proven ability to work in a customer technical liaison / support role. 3-4 years.
Degree or equivalent within areas of Electrical/Electronic Engineering, maths, physics or telecommunications
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
- Team Player
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to lead discussion and brainstorming within the team
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written English.
- Ability to establish good rapport with customers
- Well-organised with attention to detail
- Applies good balance of theory and practical to enable rapid resolutions of customer issue.
- Capable of working under pressure and delivering to tight timescales
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Please submit your CV in English by Online Application Form.