UL introduces the UK's first Commercial LTE test facility
UL (Underwriters Laboratories) chose Anritsu ME7873L and ME7834L platforms to create the first independent LTE test facility in UK.
- UL (Underwriters Laboratories), a world leader in advancing safety science, has chosen Anritsu as its provider for Long Term Evolution (LTE) telecoms equipment, becoming the first commercial independent LTE conformance test facility in the UK. Over the past 6 months UL has invested over $4 million at its Basingstoke base to create the most complete LTE test facility in the country.
- "LTE is the leading fourth generation wireless technology and UL’s investment is a clear demonstration of commitment to LTE advancement both within the UK and globally said Robert Graham, Head of Cellular Approvals, UL Verification Services, “Choosing Anritsu was an easy decision. Anritsu has a clear lead in LTE cellular conformance systems, with the largest test case coverage and a proven commitment to work with their customers.”
- UL’s choice of Anritsu ME7873L and ME7834L platforms allows customers to have access to the maximum coverage of validated test cases across the highest number of bands. UL now offers the necessary conformance requirements for the GCF, is a primary laboratory for PTCRB and can offer network operator approvals for Europe, North America and beyond.
- Anritsu offers the highest coverage of test cases, but according to Anritsu Director Marketing, Wireless Protocol Test Bob Kersey “The real benefit from the system is the value it adds. Anritsu offers unique features such as floating licences and parallel testing to maximize the efficiency of the test assets and lower the overall test time. This results in real value to our customers."
- UL’s choice of the market leading Anritsu ME7834 Mobile device protocol test platform enables the testing of chipsets, dongles, tablets, notebooks and Smartphone’s required by network operators to launch commercial LTE services.
- The first independent LTE test facility in the UK represents far more than a fast, efficient and cost-effective all-in-one solution. It is the latest development of a deep understanding between two market leaders committed to the future. UL and Anritsu have a long standing relationship and support each other’s efforts in the development, validation and provision of LTE validation equipment and services.
- "Anritsu has established itself as a market leader in conformance testing and our intention is to continue this leadership by providing our customers technology leading solutions along with cost saving features. We have started planning our next set of enhancements including support for LTE Advanced features” said Mr. Kersey. “We are excited to be working with UL as they share our commitment to making leading edge testing solutions available to telecommunication device makers.”
UL is a premier global safety science company with more than 100 years of experience. Employing nearly 9,000 professionals in 46 countries, UL is evolving the future of safety with five distinct business units – Product Safety, Environment, Life & Health, Verification and Knowledge Services – to meet the expanding needs of customers and the global public. For more information on UL’s family of companies and network of 95 laboratory, testing and certification facilities, go to UL.com.
Anritsu Corporation (http://www.anritsu.com/) has been a provider of innovative communications solutions for more than 110 years. The company's test and measurement solutions include wireless, optical, microwave/RF and digital instruments, operations support systems and solutions that can be used during R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed devices for design into communication products and systems. With the addition of OSS monitoring solutions it has expanded its offering to provide complete solutions for existing and next-generation wireline and wireless communication systems and service providers. Anritsu sells in over 90 countries worldwide with approximately 4,000 employees.
For further information please contact: