Anritsu A/S, a subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of operational support solutions for advanced and converged networks, announced today the availability of new options: the E3 Interface and Gigabit Ethernet Test for its CMA 3000 all-in-one field tester for fixed and mobile networks.
In addition to the full-featured 2 Mbps transmission testing provided by the standard CMA 3000 instrument, the new E3 option provides powerful testing capabilities for field technicians installing and troubleshooting communication lines in the fixed access network. When equipped with the E3 test option, the battery-powered, easy-to-use and portable Anritsu CMA 3000 is a comprehensive solution for testing E3 access network lines together with the full-featured testing of 2 Mbps lines provided by the CMA 3000 basic instrument.
Once the 10/100/1000 Ethernet option is installed you have a dual-port Ethernet 10/100/1000 test module equipped with electrical and optional optical interface ports.
With this operators and equipment manufacturers can now quickly test and measure LAN communication lines up to 1 Gbps. Other options support testing of SDH and V-series interface connections, making the CMA 3000 a very versatile access network test solution.
“There is a number of transmission technologies used in the access networks. To be as efficient as possible the field technicians installing and maintaining today’s networks need easy-to-use test instruments supporting the technologies relevant to them. CMA 3000 with its compact, scalable platform is designed for these demands” said Ole Soerensen, Product Manager, Anritsu A/S, “Functionality can be added through an unrivalled upgrade path as needs and network technologies evolve, which allows network operators to minimize capital investment.”
The CMA 3000 provides powerful out-of-service test facilities, for installation and commissioning of communication lines. Furthermore the bi-directional monitoring capabilities of the instrument makes it very well suited for in-service troubleshooting.
Anritsu staff will be at CommunicAsia 2006 (Hall 5/L4-0) to present the CMA 3000 new functionalities. CMA 3000 E3 option highlights:
- Dual port
- Test of E3 framed and unframed signals
- Test of DS3 unframed signals
- Mapping to SDH if SDH option is also installed
CMA 3000 Gigabit Ethernet option highlights:
- Two 10/100/1000 Mbps electrical ports
- Optionally two 1000 Mbps optical interface ports
- Traffic generation capabilities up to full line rate
- Automated RFC 2544 testing of throughput, frame loss, latency and burstability
- Simultaneous monitoring of both directions on a line
- Ping testing
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
About CMA 3000: CMA 3000 is Anritsu’s next-generation field tester designed specifically for field technicians who install and maintain mobile-access and fixed-access networks, transmission networks and switching. CMA 3000 is a powerful tool for a wide range of applications, from fast first-aid troubleshooting to comprehensive, in-depth and all-layer analysis of transmission problems. The modular design provides a clear and cost-effective upgrade path, allowing operators to expand the CMA 3000 from a full-featured transmission line quality tester to an advanced signaling analyzer.
General CMA 3000 highlights:
- Test interfaces for SDH and PDH
- IP and Frame Relay testing
- GSM, GPRS/EDGE, UMTS
- Intuitive user interface, with large color touch-screen display and easy-to-understand graphical symbols
- Comprehensive out-of-service testing for installation, provisioning and propagation time analysis
- In-service, bi-directional monitoring at all speeds for fast troubleshooting, traffic monitoring, identification of synchronization problems and error performance measurement
- Performance analysis
- Physical line monitoring
- Easy-to-install options
- Battery powered (high-capacity LiIon battery)
Availability The CMA 3000 E3 Interface and Gigabit Ethernet Test options are available for immediate delivery.