Anritsu Optical Network Analyzer (ONA) Solution Demonstration
This video will demonstrates the VectorStar ME7848A opto-electronic network analyzer (ONA) and how it provides a modular approach to optical measurements of: optical-to-electrical (O/E), electrical-to-optical (E/O), and optical-to-optical (O/O) devices that operate at 850, 1310, and 1550 nm wavelengths. It shows the two configurations available: the VectorStar ME7848A-100 series which includes the MN4765B O/E calibration module and the VectorStar ME7848A-200 series that adds the MN4775A E/O converter. The VectorStar ME7848A-200 series provides the ability to quickly switch between O/E, E/O, and O/O measurements with specified traceable measurements established by the MN4765B O/E calibration module.
The VectorStar ME7848A ONA can be easily modified to different wavelengths by adding the appropriate MN4775A E/O converter and MN4765B O/E calibration detector. The VectorStar ME7838A-100 series can be upgraded to a 200 series by including the appropriate MN4775A E/O converter. Some key features are:
- Fast and Accurate O/E Measurements — The VectorStar ME7848A 200 series ONA enables error-corrected transfer function, group delay, and return loss measurements of E/O and O/E components and subsystems.
- MN4765B O/E Calibration Module — The O/E calibration module is a thermally stabilized photodiode reference standard detector that can eliminate drift over temperature. Accurate bias voltage to the photodiode is maintained internally.
- MN4775A E/O Converter — The E/O converter includes a lithium niobate (LiNbO3) modulator stabilized by a fully automatic bias controller and a tunable or fixed wavelength laser source. Excellent converter stability ensures characteristics remain consistent during measurement of O/E DUT detectors and receivers.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Derived Characterization — Magnitude and phase characterization of the O/E calibration module is obtained using a primary standard characterized by NIST and held in the Anritsu Calibration Lab.
- Internal VNA De-Embedding for Simplified Calibration — The built-in application menus provide instructions that guide the user through the set-up and calibrations required for making E/O, O/O, and O/E measurements.
- Excellent Stability and Repeatability — Use of full 12-term calibration with de-embedding results in stable and repeatable measurements of O/E devices using the VectorStar VNA.
- Modularity and Upgradeability — The VectorStar ME7848A ONA can be easily modified to a different wavelength by adding the appropriate MN4775A E/O converter and MN4765B O/E calibration detector.