Adaptor Extraction Type-A and De-Embedding Methods
A means of generating s2p file by applying type-A adaptor extraction. The generated files can then be embedded or de-embedded. All calibration files must be full 2-port calibrations of the same calibration type and over the same exact frequency points.
- Connect the 10 dB attenuator adaptor to port 1 and do the full 2-port calibration then save the setup
- Connect the 10 dB attenuator to port 2, repeat the full 2-port calibration and save the setup
- Select the Type-A adaptor extraction menu
- Select "Browse" to select the appropriate calibration file(s)
- Select "Perform Network Extraction" to perform the extraction
- If the extraction is successful, follow the prompt to save the generated S2P files(s)
- Go to de-embedding menu
- Load s2p file, and click on add network
- Click on Apply
- Turn de-embed ON
- The result is this 10dB attenuator is removed and the s12 shows 0 dB.