PIM Master™ Certification
PIM Master Certification is only available through Anritsu instructor-led training. PIM Master Passive Intermodulation Measurement Training is an intense one-day instructor led training course that uses the MW82119A series battery-operated, high power, portable, Passive Intermodulation Analyzer to identify the source and exact location of PIM problems.
Students will gain valuable hands on experience using the PIM Master MW82119A and demonstrate the knowledge they've acquired in both a written and practical exam. Everyone who passes this PIM Certification Course will receive a Certificate of Completion along with a photo ID badge.
Get more specific details regarding class location etc by contacting us directly on +44 (0) 1582 433340
PLEASE NOTE: This class is NOT for those who are new to line sweeping or PIM testing. Students with no background in these areas are at a severe disadvantage and unlikely to pass the rigorous tests that certification requires. If you are new to this industry, we strongly recommend completing our 2-day, instructor-led line sweep certification course. At a minimum, please complete our free online line sweep (non-certification) course before attending this training. Completion of recommended training does not guarantee PIM certification.
- Tower Companies
- Wireless Carriers
- Field Engineers
- Site Managers
- Base Station OEMS
What You Will Learn
- Technical aspects of PIM Measurements
- How to set up a PIM Measurement
- Useful examples of what works and what doesn’t
- Interpreting results
- Locating the PIM
Course Content Details
- What is PIM and How to Measure it?
- How to Set Frequency and PIM Order
- How to Set Amplitude and Power
- How to Verify Proper Operation
- How to Conduct PIM and DTP Tests
- How to Determine Pass/Fail
- What Causes PIM?
- PIM Master Controls
- Measurement Setup
- Saving and Recalling Setups
- Making PIM Measurements
- Save/Recall/Copy Measurement Files
- Things Not to do
- The Right Way to Test
- PIM vs. Time Measurement
- Distance to PIM (DTP)
- Swept PIM Measurements
- Testing Sequence
- Useful Info
- Setup and operation
- PIM Measurements (PIM, DTP, Swept)
- Measuring known good devices
- Measuring known bad devices
- Device measurement practice
- Theory and safety
- Hands-On Practical
Course Content Detail
- Lecture 1: Introduction to PIM
- Lecture 2: Causes of PIM / Safety
- Lecture 3: Hookup and Setup
- Lecture 4: Making PIM and DTP Measurements
- Lecture 5 Proper and Improper PIM Measurement Techniques
- Lab 1: Preparing PIM Measurements
- Lab 2: Making PIM and DTP Measurements
Why Anritsu Training?
- Hands-on: Learn by doing! Learn the theory and perform the measurements. A significant portion of the course contains lab exercises with simulated signals and conditions measured with the MT8222A BTS Master.
- Thorough Emphasis: Students will learn to perform typical Node B measurements including Line Sweeping, Over-the-Air and demodulated RF measurements, Interference Analysis, Spectrum Analyzer based measurements, and CDMA/EVDO measurements.
- Cost Savings: Eliminate or significantly reduce your travel expenses because training sessions are offered at a location near you (or even at your location).
- Schedule: Training sessions can be easily scheduled months in advance. Get specific details regarding class locations, information on discounts, or having a dedicated training session at your company site by contacting us directly on +44 (0) 1582 433340.