The VectorStar ME7838 broadband series system provides high performance in a compact mmWave module utilizing the Anritsu Nonlinear Transmission Line (NLTL) technology, with system coverage from 70 kHz to 110, 125, 145, and 220 GHz. The ME7838 series is the only broadband system with positive raw directivity in multiple bands. The result is better calibration and measurement stability with significantly longer time between calibrations for accurate measurements and improved productivity.
The VectorStar ME7838 VNA series delivers 109 dB dynamic range at 110 GHz, 102 dB at 220 GHz and excellent noise floor performance for high-sensitivity measurements across the entire sweep range. Stable broadband performance means you can make high-accuracy measurements all day, with the confidence that your calibration remains rock solid! Spend less time calibrating and more time measuring.
The VectorStar ME7838G VNA addresses the market need to conduct on-wafer measurements that span into the sub-Terahertz region for more accurate device characterization. The system offers unprecedented broadband coverage from 70 kHz to 220 GHz in a single sweep and is optimized for on-wafer measurements utilizing the TITAN T220 probe from MPI. An innovative design allows the 220 GHz probe to connect directly to the mmWave module for accurate, stable on-wafer measurements and avoiding the limits of threaded connectors. For more information on the TITAN T220 probe including specifications and data sheet please visit the MPI website.
Spectrum Analyzer Option
The spectrum analyzer option is the world’s first single sweep spectrum analyzer that covers frequency ranges from 70KHz to 220GHz using mm-wave modules. The Spectrum analyzer option is available on all baseband VectorStar models.
The Spectrum Analyzer option (Option 49) allows for convenient spectral domain measurements of quantities such as harmonics, spurs, distortion products, and general frequency content of a variety of devices. Common measurements include harmonics, tone-based distortion measurements, some spurious measurements, and spectral occupancy tests on devices that may include multiple outputs or input-output comparisons.
The noise figure option is based on a cold source technique for improved noise figure measurement accuracy. VectorStar is the only VNA platform capable of measuring noise figure from 70 kHz to 125 GHz and available with an optimized noise receiver for measurements from 30 GHz to 125 GHz. Additionally, VectorStar is the only VNA that offers a Differential Noise Figure option for characterizing the noise figure of differential devices.
For broadband applications, the ME7838 Series offers superior performance and coverage spanning a range from 70 kHz to 110 GHz, 125 GHz and 145 GHz in a single coaxial test port. The Anritsu developed Non-linear Transmission Line mmWave module is compact while providing high performance up to 145 GHz.
The Anritsu MS4640B Vector Network Analyzer offers a new level of performance for device modeling engineers struggling to accurately and reliably characterize their devices, for R&D engineers pushing the last fraction of a dB out of their state-of-the-art designs, and for the manufacturing engineer trying to maximize throughput without sacrificing accuracy. Backed by a 3-year warranty and the most responsive sales support team, the MS4640B is the VNA of choice for the discerning engineer.
The VectorStar ME7838 Series broadband VNA offers the widest available single frequency sweep from 70 kHz to 110, (ME7838AX to 125), (ME7838EX to 125), to 145 GHz, and to 220 GHz with mmWave bands to 1.1 THz.
- The ME7838AX or ME7838EX version can easily be upgraded to 145 GHz and to 220 GHz
- All versions may be configured to include banded millimeter-wave modules up to 1.1 THz
- Industry-best calibration and measurement stability: 0.1 dB vs 0.6 dB over 24 hrs.
- All versions support the 3744x-Rx receiver for noise figure measurements, including the ability to characterize differential noise figure, to 125 GHz
- Compact, lightweight mmWave modules (0.6 lb vs 7+ lbs and 1/50 the volume) offer low cost installation on smaller probe stations.
Spectrum Analyzer Option
- SPA available from 70KHz to 20/40/70/110/125/145 and 220GHz. Also available for banded configuration to 1.1THz.
- Dual SPA mode available: suitable for Mixers/Amplifier/ Harmonics /Spurious testing.
- SPA available on all ports. User can define which port to use as SPA port.
- Several detection types available in classical mode: Peak, minimum, RMS, Mean.
- Various math functions can be applied on SPA mode like Min hold/max hold/ user defined equations.
- Sources and receivers can be independently configured. Can be used as Tracking Generator.
- For units that have a dual source, a dual drive option is available. Support for external source control also possible.
- Phase synchronization for units with Dual source available. This feature allows users to control and configure the phase between the two sources.
- Source and receiver attenuator available with VNA can be activated in SPA mode. Recommendation to use option 62 (with attenuator on receiver side) for measuring the spectrum content of high-power devices.
- Software option: easy to install and upgrade existing user equipment.
- Broadest frequency span from a single coaxial test port covering 70 kHz to 70 GHz in a single instrument and 70 kHz to 145 GHz in the Broadband configuration. Extendable to 1.1 THz
- Universal Fixture Extraction (UFX) software option provides advanced de-embedding tools for test fixture extraction.
- IMDView™ software coupled with the internal combiner option offers the ability to switch from S parameters to IMD measurements in a single connection
- Highest performance pulse measurements— PulseView™ offers 2.5 ns pulse resolution with 100 dB dynamic range
- 4-port single-ended or balanced measurements using DifferentialView™ analysis
- Internal trace-based eye diagram option provides the ability to display Time Domain, S-Parameters, and Eye Diagram analysis with active sweep updates
- Superior Dynamic Range - up to 142 dB
- High available power - up to +14 dBm
- Best test port characteristic performance - up to 50 dB in Directivity
- Best time domain analysis
- Fast and accurate optoelectronic measurements from 70 kHz to 40, 70 GHz and 110 GHz, at 850, 1060, 1310 and 1550 nm wavelengths, using MN4765B O/E Calibration module