Santa Clara, CA – January 20, 2016
Anritsu Company (booth #717) will highlight its leadership position in high-speed digital test – displaying the industry’s only solution that supports 112G PAM4 generation and BER tests with accurate jitter injection – at DesignCon 2016. The new solution, which features the award-winning MP1800A BERT Signal Quality Analyzer (SQA) and new 64G baud 2-bit DAC with MUX, is part of a portfolio of test solutions and technologies that Anritsu will showcase to help engineers verify high-speed chip, board, and system designs used for emerging networks.
Anritsu will also headline a series of technical sessions at DesignCon 2016 on Thursday, January 21 in the Great America 2 conference room. The presentations will discuss test method innovations that help engineers accurately and efficiently verify their high-speed designs, including those used in 400GbE, CEI-56G and Fibre Channel applications.
Test Solutions for High-speed Applications
Anritsu will feature six solutions in its DesignCon booth. Each will address specific test requirements within the high-speed communications and semiconductor markets:
- 56G NRZ and PAM4 Accurate Jitter Tolerance Test System – Live demonstrations that introduce a 64G PAM4 (32 Gbaud) BER and jitter tolerance test solution with the MP1800A BERT and MP1825B 4-tap emphasis will be held. The solution satisfies the high accuracy and margin requirements of communications standards such as OIF, IEEE, and InfiniBand.
- High-speed Serial Bus Test Solution – The MP1800A with the MP1825B and MG3710A Vector Signal Generator will conduct jitter tolerance tests on PCIe and 100GE interfaces.
- 40/100G AOC and Q-SFP Test Solution – Demonstrations on proven techniques and steps required to conduct accurate Active Time Domain (ATD) testing of Active Optical Cables (AOCs) in accordance with IBTA standards will be performed.
- 70 GHz 4-port Signal Integrity Solution – Techniques to properly probe PCBs to conduct signal integrity measurements using the VectorStar® VNA and a GigaProbe test station will be highlighted.
- 4-Port 70 kHz-110 GHz Broadband VNA Solution – The VectorStar ME7838A4 Broadband series system will be conducting on-wafer device characterization.
- 43.5 GHz 4-port VNA – Anritsu’s new 43.5 GHz 4-port Performance ShockLine™ VNA will be integrated with the Wild River Technology CMP-28/CMP-32 channel modeling platform to conduct differential S-parameter measurements.
Anritsu will provide insight on how to solve the most difficult test challenges during a series of presentations. Digital/Optics Business Development Manager Hiroshi Goto will lead a session entitled 56G PAM4 Accurate BER Measurement and JTOL Test with 4-tap emphasis. James Morgante, Anritsu Digital/Optics Field Application Engineer, will present 100G EDR and QSFP+ Cable Test Solutions. Signal Integrity: VNA Applications is another session that will be presented by Joe Mallon, Business Development Manager for Anritsu.
Two guest presenters round out the technical sessions. Darren Gray, director of engineering for Granite River Labs (GRL), will lead a discussion on a 20 Gbps+ high-speed serial BUS test solution. AtaiTec Corporation Founder and President Dr. Ching-Chao Huang will present mobile-apps-like signal integrity software for more efficient testing of high-speed designs.
Integrated Solutions Throughout Show Floor
In addition to its own booth demonstrations, Anritsu will be part of several integrated solutions throughout the DesignCon 2016 show floor. The 4-port VectorStar will be in the ARTEK, Inc. booth (#314), as well as the DVT Solutions booth (#545). The MP1800A and MZ1834A will be part of demonstrations in the HIROSE (#521) and Teledyne LeCroy (#735) booths, as well.
Anritsu Company is the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 120 years. Anritsu’s “2020 VISION” philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital instruments, as well as operation support systems for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems. The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets. With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 4,000 employees in over 90 countries.
To learn more visit www.anritsu.com and follow Anritsu on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Director, Americas Marketing
3E Public Relations