The spread of IoT devices and Cloud Computing services is causing explosive growth in data traffic handled by digital devices, in turn requiring faster serial device interfaces. The PCIe and USB interfaces used by digital devices are handling ever larger data volumes so the resulting next-generation PCI Express® 5.0 standard reaches higher speeds of 32 GT/s, while USB3.2 Gen 2 supports 10 Gbps, USB4™ supports 20 Gbps and USB4 Type-C is also compatible with Thunderbolt™ which also supports 20 Gbps.
The MP1900A is an all-in-one BERT solution for debugging and compliance tests of high-speed buses, and also supports PCIe, SAS, USB, DisplayPort (DP) and Thunderbolt3 receiver tests.
- The MP1900A is an industry-first all-in-one solution for PCIe 1.0 to 5.0 compliance tests.
- The MP1900A has been approved by standards organizations for PCIe 3.0/4.0, USB3.2, and Thunderbolt3 compliance tests.
- Software for automating complex compliance tests supports oscilloscopes from key makers.
MP1900A Supported Interfaces
PCIe, SAS, USB, DP and Thunderbolt Receiver Test Solution
The Signal Quality Analyzer-R MP1900A supports measurement requirements from the first development stages for high-speed, next-generation, digital interface standards (CEI-28G/56G/112G, InfiniBand, 100G/400G/800G Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Thunderbolt 3, PCI Express (PCIe), SAS USB, DP) using 32-Gbit/s PPG and ED modules, Jitter/Noise addition functions, and application software.
Typical Compliance Test Solution
PCIe 3.0/4.0/5.0 Specification Receiver Test
All-in-one Early Test Support for PCIe 6.0
PAM4 signaling has been adopted for the next-generation PCIe 6.0 interface. The MP1900A with installed PAM4 PPG module supports PCIe 1.0 to 5.0 measurements, such as Link Negotiation. As a result, the transition to PCIe 6.0 is easy
*: Contact our business section about support for PCIe 6.0.
SAS-3/-4 Receiver Test
USB Type-C Receiver Test (USB4, Thunderbolt3)
USB 3.2 Gen1/2 Receiver Test
DisplayPort1.4 Sink Test
Automation Software Supporting Oscilloscopes from Key Makers
Automation software for automating Rx tests of high-speed serial bus interfaces controls the MP1900A (PPG/ED, noise signal source, variable ISI channel) and real-time oscilloscope to automate calibration of signals required for complex operations, Jitter Tolerance tests, and creation of ports. The high-reproducibility, easy measurements greatly reduce the work load of test engineers.
Real-time oscilloscopes from the main manufacturers can be used in combination with the MP1900A to calibrate test signals, helping cut capital investment costs by making efficient use of owned assets.
Refer to the Selection Guide (MP1900A-E-Z-1) for the supported combination of real-time oscilloscopes and automation software.
Versatile Debugging Functions
Link Training Function
The PCIe and USB receiver test requires establishment of the Link status before performing the DUT BER test. Installing the Link Training option in the MP1900A supports verification of the Link status required for measurement. Additionally, the PCIe Link Training option has an LTSSM Analysis function for troubleshooting problems if the Link status cannot be configured.
PCIe Link Training and LTSSM Analysis Function (MX183000A-PL021, PL025)
- Protocol aware, all-in-one, PCI Express 1.0 to 5.0 Receiver Test
- Link Training and LTSSM Analysis functions
Supports physical layer measurements of add-in cards and system boards
- Tx/Rx Link Equalization Response Test
- Rx Link Equalization Test
- Receiver Jitter Tolerance Test
Link Training State transitions
USB Link Training (MX183000A-PL022, PL023)
- Protocol aware, all-in-one, USB3.1 Rx test solution
- Link Training and LTSSM Analysis
USB Link Training State Transition
Supports Link troubleshooting (LTSSM Analysis function)
Matrix Scan Function
To secure high-quality communications with the Link partner, the best combination of the Tx-side EQ and Rx-side EQ must be selected. The Matrix scan function scans for the best Tx EQ setting at the receiver to find the best setting automatically at the receiver.
When the Link condition cannot be established and the cause cannot be analyzed using the Link Training function, more detailed cause analysis is possible by fine-tuning the data sequence in the time-out state.
Sequence Editor Settings
PCIe/USB 8B/10B Editing
PCIe 128B/130B Editing
USB 128B/132B Editing
Jitter Tolerance Test Function (MX183000A-PL001)
MP1900A series offers strong support for receiver stressed input tolerance tests by generating high-quality signals before jitter and noise addition as well as for adding high-linearity jitter and noise.
- Supports versatile Jitter Tolerance measurements
- Injects SJ/RJ/BUJ for PHY device Jitter Tolerance tests
- Supports Mask measurements for various standards
- Shortens measurement time using low-error-rate (1E-12, 1E-15, and more) estimation function
- Uses Binary, Upward, Downward, and Binary + Linear search methods to measure tolerance points dependent on device characteristics
- Users can customize the Jitter Tolerance test mask
Low-Rate Estimated BER Measurement