Options and Phase Noise Software:
- Option 007, Secure Data Operation, prevents the user from storing measurement setup information onto the internal file storage location. Setup and measurement information can only be stored to the external Compact Flash memory module, or an external USB memory device.
- Option 17 adds a GPIB interface.
- Option 19 adds support for the Anritsu PSN50 High Accuracy Power Meter Sensors
- Option 89 IF Output for the MS2718B provides an IF signal at a center frequency of 37.8 MHz out of a BNC female connector when the instrument span is set to zero span. The user can select the three extra-wide IF bandwidths of 16 MHz, 10 MHz and 7 MHz.
Phase Noise Measurement Software, part number 2300-517, runs on an external PC (not supplied) to control the MS2718B via the Ethernet interface. The software provides multiple phase noise trace plots on the same scale, and includes marker functionality to provide measurement of source jitter in seconds, degrees, or Hz by integrating the measured phase noise between selectable markers.Wireless Test Options:
The MS2718B Economy Spectrum Analyzer is much more than just another spectrum analyzer. In addition to making swept spectrum measurements, engineers and technicians can rely on this tool to accurately measure transmitter RF and modulation quality on critical wireless system components and sub-assemblies. These software test programs are pre-written test routines, intended to test signal performance against the wireless industry specifications.
There are now 15 different functional test options available for specific performance testing of wireless systems, ranging from the hot new wireless technology of Mobile WiMAX (802.16) to the venerable GSM, and six other system formats. For each wireless format, there are two options, one for characterizing the RF signal performance and the other for the modulation functions. Within any given system format, a long list of test functions are performed, with displays showing both measured data as well as computed characterizations.
RF Measurements (1)
Demodulator Measurements (1)
Option 65 (2)
(1) RF and Demodulator options measure signal modulations and require Option 009
(2) Option 65 includes Option 45
The use of Compact Flash memory modules and USB Flash Drives allow a virtually unlimited number of traces and setups to be stored. Measurements may be stored directly to the compact flash module. For example a 512 MB module will hold over 20,000 Spectrum Analyzer measurements. Remote programming using the Ethernet 10/100 Base-T connection is provided using SCPI programming. The Ethernet connection gives the user flexibility in remotely operating the instrument using Anritsu's remote access software, shipped with the product. Measurements and setups may be uploaded and downloaded using either the Ethernet or the USB connection.
The MS2718B is shipped with a User's Guide, a CD ROM containing Master Software Tools and USB driver, a USB A-mini B cable, an Ethernet Cable, a 2G USB Flash Drive, a 256 MB Compact flash drive, a type-N male to SMA female adapter, a type-N male to BNC female adapter.
Every MS2718B has a one year warranty for parts and labor and is shipped with a certificate of calibration & conformance.Comprehensive Wireless Test Options
- Fifteen pre-written test procedures from W-CDMA/HSDPA to Mobile WiMAX and TD-SCDMA
- Options test RF and Modulation characteristics to industry specifications
- Measured and computed data parameters are displayed
- Automated Pass/Fail Limit functions put production testing on cruise control