Anritsu Instruments Company, a subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of operational support solutions for advanced and converged networks, announced today the availability of new options: the Optical Return Loss (ORL) and auto bi-directional measurement options for its fast and easy-to-use CMA50 line of Loss Test Sets. The CMA50 is the industry’s most cost effective solution that allows users to take all the measurements required for fiber installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high speed networks deploying advanced technologies.
The Anritsu CMA50 line of Loss Test Sets is designed for both attenuation and power throughput measurements on fiber optic links. They are offered with common calibration wavelength and connector options to meet any testing requirement from FTTx networks to long haul telephony links to multimode LAN, and CATV.
CMA50 Loss Test Sets can make your measuring experience simple and error free, with the auto bi-directional testing option, Optical Return Loss (ORL) measurements, pass or fail threshold analysis, large capacity for test results storage, and RJ45 interface Network Testing option.
Thanks to the new EZTest one button auto bi-directional measurement, the CMA50 Loss Test Set allows users to gather loss readings from both ends of a fiber while displaying the average loss readings for all tested wavelengths on both units. The easy-to-use handheld instrument makes taking loss readings very fast, accurate and cost effective.
On top of that, the newly released Optical Return Loss (ORL) option gives the user the capability to measure the total ORL of a fiber link under test. Thresholds can be set to verify acceptance to industry standards.
“The CMA50 is the perfect tool to obtain loss readings on fibers during installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of fiber systems. The auto bi-directional option greatly simplifies the process by providing average loss readings at both ends of the fiber” says Neil Van Patten, Product Manager, Anritsu Instruments Company. “This allows the users to obtain readings and quickly determine the integrity of the fiber under test during installation. In addition, loss readings are an effective method for troubleshooting problem fibers during upgrades or system maintenance.”
“The CMA50 Optical Return Loss option gives the technician the optimal tool to verify the ORL for error free high speed optical networks” also states Neil Van Patten, Product Manager, Anritsu Instruments Company. “The ease of use and record storage saves the user time and effort allowing to significantly decrease operational expenses.”
Anritsu staff will be at GlobalComm 2006 (booth #55048) and CommunicAsia 2006 (Hall 5/L4-0) to demonstrate the CMA50 handhelds new functionalities.
CMA50 Optical Return Loss (ORL) option highlights:
- Measurement of ORL out to -55dB
- Easy to use – wizard driven interface
- Pass-Fail Thresholds
- Real time readings for fast verification of results
CMA50 auto bi-directional option highlights:
- Up to 4 wavelengths out of a single port (1310/1490/1550/1625 nm)
- High dynamic range bi-directional option of 50dB allows testing of fibers as long as 200 Km
- Easy-to-use operation – wizard driven for set ups and Pass/Fail thresholds
- Excellent value – great performance verses feature ratio provides users with the required features at a very reasonable price
About CMA50: Fast and easy-to-use, the CMA 50 line of Loss Test Sets, Light Sources and Power Meters is designed for both attenuation and power throughput measurements on fiber optic links. They are offered with common calibration wavelength and connector options to meet any testing requirement from FTTx networks to long haul telephony links to multimode LAN, and CATV. The light-weight, rugged design, assures that they are built for the most demanding cable installation environments and will provide years of valuable service.
General CMA50 highlights:
- Up to 4 high power sources per unit, out of a single port
- Optical Return Loss measurement option
- EZTest one button auto bi-directional measurement option
- Pass or fail indicators for in-field compliance.
- Rugged design withstands years of use in the most challenging environments
- Stores up to 100,000 data sets (4 MB of user data) •Visual Fault Location source option
- LAN Access and network testing option via RJ45 port
- File Transfer via USB port
- Standard three year warranty
Availability The CMA50 ORL and auto bi-directional options are available for immediate delivery.