Module 2: RF Fundamentals - Decibels
RF is a big subject, since it is used for so many applications. This series of training modules focuses on the use of RF for voice and data communications. It covers how RF is generated, measured, amplified, attenuated, modulated, and transmitted. Once transmitted, this course covers how the RF behaves once it is launched into the air. Because RF uses decibels, this course teaches interpreting decibels using a low math method.
- Wireless Technicians
- Base Station OEMs
- Tower Companies
- Field Engineers
- Site Managers
- Understand RF Theory behind technology like Spectrum Analysis and Line Sweeping
- Gain facility with math related to RF technologies
- Build a framework of RF knowledge to interpret the value of innovations in RF
- Gain vocabulary to interact more productively with RF engineers and experts
- Correct any misconceptions you may have picked up along the way about RF technology or science
- Learn instrument functions more quickly by knowing why they are designed the way they are
Introduction to Decibels
- What are decibels?
- How do they apply in RF?
- Basic terms