Module 5: RF Fundamentals - Antennas
Antennas are essential to wireless communications. Module 5 of RF Fundamentals covers:
- The different types of antennas, standard antennas and how antenna gain is achieved
- Antenna Near Field / Diversity / Downtilt / RET and MIMO
- Antenna Isolation in Bi-Directional Amplifier installations
- Questions to confirm knowledge of the topics throughout the module, followed by a quiz at the end to test student knowledge
- Wireless Technicians
- Base Station OEMs
- Tower Companies
- Field Engineers
- Site Managers
- Be able to select the best antenna for the job
- Be able to convert antenna gain units
- Be able to interpret antenna data sheets
- Understand the importance of keeping the antenna away from clutter
- Be able to calculate the near field of an antenna
- Know the purpose of antenna diversity and MIMO
- Understand how electrical downtilt is achieved
- Be able to measure antenna isolation and set BDA gain appropriately
- What does an antenna do?
- What different types of antennas are there?
- What is antenna gain and how is it achieved?
- What is antenna reciprocity and polarization?
- What is efficiency and how does it impact gain?
- What is antenna near field?
- What is antenna diversity and MIMO?
- What is antenna downtilt and ret?
- What is antenna isolation?