Yes the MS2024/26A can be use to test 75 ohm systems. When using 75 ohm matching pads you are limited to 3GHz for your testing. You need to use a matching pad, part number 12N50-75B and 75 Ohm calibration components. The calibration components are:
22N75 Open/Short, DC to 3GHz, N(m) 75 ohms
22NF75 Open/Short, DC to 3GHz, N(f) 75 ohms
26N75A Precision Termination, DC to 3 GHz, N(m), 75 ohms
26NF75A Precision Termination, DC to 3 GHz, N(f), 75 ohms
Your data points needs to be changed to 130 Data points. At 130 sata points you can have a span of 13 MHz or larger. At 259 data points the minimum span is 25.9 MHz. At 517 data points the minimum span is 51.7 MHz. In the DTF parameter screen it shows the maximum span setting in the Resolution parameter.
These options are not currently available for S331D model.
No, the S331D has a color screen as standard and cannot be ordered with a non-color display.
Do a visual inspection of all connections on the site master, cal components and test port cable. Carefully clean all connectors and then re-test. If the test is still not passing do the following:
- Calibrate at the site master leaving the load on after the CAL ON is displayed. The Return loss should be 42dB or better. With good components and a good Site Master 55-60 dB return loss is typical.
- If the Return loss after the calibration is acceptable put the phase stable cable on the Site Master and put the termination at the end of the test port cable. The typical Return loss of a good phase stable cable should be 30dB. If you as seeing a 20 RL or less the phase stable cable might need replacing. Even though you calibrate at the end of the phase stable cable when an RL of 20dB of less on a phase stable cable is not good. You can also try moving the cable with the load on the end of it after calibration while watching the RL sweep. A bad cable exhibit wild swing up and down as you move the cable around.
- If the Site Master calibrates correctly and the phase stable cable looks good try testing a known good coax cable of the same type. If it this cable looks good then the original coax cable is likely to be the cause of the problem.
These components can be returned to Customer Service for calibration but the procedures are not available for customers.
Options can be added to the S331D by contacting your local Service Center. Some options include hardware that may require the unit to be returned to the factory for retrofitting, while other options can be retrofitted through software using a license file. If the option can be retrofitted through software using a license file, below is the needed procedure:
- Generate a config file using Master Software Tools, and email this file to the local Service Center.
- Open MST
- Connect to the Instrument
- Choose Sync → Device Status and Options → Get Options (Config File)
- Save the file and email it to the local Service Center.
- The local Service center will then return a license file, which can be loaded onto the unit using Master Software Tools.
- Open MST
- Connect to the Instrument
- Choose Sync → Device Status and Options → Set Options (License File)
- Select the license file provided by the Service Center.
- After MST installs the license file the message “Instrument options successfully upgraded. Cycle power on the instrument to begin using the new features” will be seen.
- Reboot the unit and verify the new option is enabled.
Handheld Software Tools by itself cannot create PDF files. Additional S/W is needed such as Adobe Acrobat. Once this additional software is installed on the PC most PDF creation software would use the "print" function of the Handheld Software Tools, select the PDF creation software as the "printer" and the resulting output would be a file in PDF format.
If you have a wireless device enabled on your PC or laptop this can interrupt the serial communication. Go to Network connections and verify your Wireless Network connection type LAN or high speed internet is disabled. Even it says disconnected you should disabled it. This has been known to help in cases where everything is set up properly. Wireless devices such as Palm Pilots can cause this also so disable all wireless devices that you use.
The S331D when upgraded to Version 5.23 firmware or later has the internal capability to make Optical Distance To Fault measurements. An external Optical Distance to Fault Module is also needed to make the Optical DTF measurement. This part number is ODTF-1.
Option 50 does not support fractional T1 testing and this option cannot be installed on an S332D.
Turn the unit off. Hold the "ESCAPE" key down and turn unit on. Let go of the "ESCAPE" key as soon as the screen turns on. Set up your test in return loss mode and perform a calibration. Perform your test and then go to the DTF mode. Verify this fixed the issue.
Try opening the plots one by one. You should run into one that will not open and this plot is most likely corrupted. Unfortunately, when this is the case, there in nothing that can be done. Erase the plot and try your download again.
The internal power meter is using the Spectrum Analyzer receiver to measure the channel power over a certain bandwidth. The high accuracy power meter uses an external RMS sensor which makes a broadband power measurement. The sensor provides better accuracy than the internal power meter and is also better suited for making accurate measurements of modulated signals. The main advantage of the internal power meter is that it allows you to make power measurements of specific channels and it can filter out anything outside the bandwidth you entered. The high accuracy sensor will add everything up that is in the path.
On your laptop or PC go to network connections. Left click on Wireless Network Connection to highlight it and then right click. If disable is an option disable the wireless connection and try to download your traces to a database. You may need to power off/on the sitemaster. More detail can be found at: http://www.us.anritsu.com/downloads/files/HHST_COM1.pdf
This has to do with the COM settings. For signal standards, it is assuming that you are using COM1 and if you are not, it will be challenging.
To change this, please see below:
Go to Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Ports -> double click on USB to RS232 -> port settings -> advanced -> change COM number to 1
In HHST: Settings -> Communication -> COM1
The InstaCal has a specified directivity of 38 dB for frequencies below 3.5 GHz while the regular calibration tee provides >42 dB of directivity. The directivity is many times the largest contributor to measurement uncertainty and this difference between the two calibration techniques will affect the uncertainty. The difference in performance will be more prevalent the closer to the directivity you are. For instance, if you are making a return loss measurement of an antenna and the overall system return loss is 10 dB, the difference in performance will be less than 0.1 dB. If the overall return loss is 20 dB, then the OSLN50-1 tee will be at least 0.35 dB better than the ICN50 Instacal. In general, it is recommended to use the InstaCal when you are looking for a fast way to make the cal. If superior accuracy is of important, then the precision calibration tee is the best way to go.
On the S331D delete the displays that are showing the weird characters with lines missing. Delete all that are not normal looking and try the download after the corrupt displays are deleted.
The Code Loader can only be used to upgrade Site Master models that have the capability to upgrade the firmware through the serial port. The S331 uses an Eprom-based firmware which can only be upgraded by an Anritsu Service Center. The models that can not be upgraded with the Code Loader are: 110, 330, S110, S111, S330, S331, S330A with serial number range of 702xxx through 706xxx and S331A with serial number range of 702xxx through 706xxx.
With the OSL calibration, you have to calibrate each time you change the frequency range. With the FlexCal, you can change the frequency range and you don't have to perform another calibration. FlexCal is great for troubleshooting purposes. The accuracy can be affected if your span is really narrow so for optimum accuracy, it is recommended to use the OSL calibration.