Pharmaceutical Sales Manager Americas Region
Classification: Full-Time (Exempt/Non)
Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Sales, Americas
Posting Date: TBD
Working Hours: Generally 8am to 5pm, some weekends or additional hours may be required
Start Date: TBD
Summary / Objective
Anritsu offers a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial business development / sales leader within the pharmaceutical equipment segment. Our inspection technology is proven within the Japanese market and well suited for integration on pharmaceutical production lines in the Americas. The position is responsible for sales to the pharmaceutical market to include the identification of target pharmaceutical customers, and establishment of the overall sales channel framework to introduce and grow the sales of Anritsu’s business in the pharmaceutical industry. The role is an important strategic aspect of our ongoing growth strategies in the region.
Essential Functions (for the Pharmaceutical Industry)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops the overall pharmaceutical sales channel design and sales strategy for Anritsu USA
- Develops and achieves sales targets through channel development, direct selling, and key account management
- Conducts market research via the web; visiting potential customers and/or potential partners; attending industry trade association
meetings/seminars/conferences/trade shows/etc. to help define the target pharmaceutical market for the sale of Anritsu pharmaceutical products.
- Interfaces regularly and shares market information with Pharmaceutical Business Development Manager – Japanese
- Assists with the development of the Anritsu overall pharmaceutical strategy and product evolution
- Identifies and establishes additional sales channels (distributors/representatives/OEMs) as appropriate
- Motivates, manages and assists independent sales channel towards success
- Provides constant communication of sales forecasts for corporate review via SFDC
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods of attaining customers and vendors
- Demonstrates equipment at trade shows and at customer sites
- Independently demonstrates and trials equipment at Anritsu, trade shows, customer sites or in the demo van
- Utilizes the demo van as needed inclusive of making appointments, driving to the site and operating the equipment
- Acts as a resource in contract opportunities and proposals
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Has already built the relationship with the pharmaceutical manufacturers (our end users) to be able to get the appointments and visit easily.
- Customer Focused
- Consultative Selling Experience
- Communication Proficiency – written and verbal
- Sales Channel Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Initiative and Results Driven
- Organized with the ability to use SFDC on a daily basis
- Professional Presentation Skills
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Five (5) or more years of capital or technical sales experience
- Five (5) years selling equipment for installation on pharmaceutical product lines
- Inspection technology experience preferred but not essential
- Database management (Salesforce.com - SFDC)
- Skilled at the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Computer savvy with email and other tools
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Effective and Efficient Time Management capabilities
- Initiative and follow through
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities at this time but could evolve for the right candidate.
The ability to work with a Japanese national, positioned at our offices in Chicago, is required to provide product and market feedback to corporate R&D and engineering.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Close proximity to the Elk Grove Office is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel and Territory
This position requires up to 25% - 40% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Territory includes North and South America. Preferred location is Elk Grove Village, IL. Other potential locations – Metro areas with high concentration of pharmaceutical customers – Minneapolis; New York/New Jersey/Boston; North Carolina with access to a major airport. A valid driver’s license is required.
Documentation showing eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Anritsu Infivis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M / F / Disability / Veteran
For more about us, please visit our website at www.anritsu.com.
Please submit resume by Online Application Form.