Ramp Up Production Line Efficiency for Optical Active Devices for 5G Mobile and Cloud Services
Anritsu Corporation (President Hirokazu Hamada) announces the sales launch of its new Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B developed for evaluating the output characteristics of optical active devices used by optical communications systems.
The MS9740B keeps the same measurement-sensitivity performance, functions, and size as its predecessor MS9740A while shortening measurement processing times by 50%, further improving production-line efficiency by optimizing the Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B optical receiver bandwidth settings, most commonly used by customers. This performance upgrade slashes optical active device inspection times and increases mass-production line efficiency.
The spread of next-generation 5G mobile and Cloud communications services is expected to increase data traffic volumes massively. Networks supporting this infrastructure are experiencing explosive jumps in network traffic, which demands both increased module production and shorter inspection times to allow in-time deliver required for the rapid expansion and adoption of faster rate optical modules at 10G, 100G, and 400G bit.
The benchtop Optical Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B features wide dynamic range, high resolution, and fast sweep speeds over a wavelength range of 600 to 1750 nm. It supports multimode fiber input and is ideal for manufacturing and evaluating 850-nm band VCSEL modules.
As well as keeping the same functions and performance as its predecessor, the MS9740B slashes measurement processing times by up to half*1 while overcoming problems of decreased measurement sensitivity caused by increased processing speed.
Moreover, it retains optical active device (LD-Module, DFB-LD, FP-LD, LED, WDM, and Optical Amplifier (NF and Gain)) measurement menu screens for evaluating devices. It supports all-at-once measurements of key evaluation items, such as optical center wavelength, level, OSNR, spectrum width, etc., and displays these results at one screen.
*1: Rx bandwidth setting: 1 kHz or 200 Hz
[Click here for details of Optical Spectrum Analyzer MS9740B]
- Wide dynamic range and high-speed measurement at optical receiver bandwidths used commonly by customers within production lines for optical active devices
- SMSR measurement at 45 dB minimum
- Maximum measurement processing time*2 of 0.35s (sweeping 30-nm wavelength)
- Same key functions and performance as predecessor, supporting various production-line environments
- Wide wavelength band (600 to 1750 nm) for evaluating all optical active devices
- Nine application menus for LD-module, WDM, etc., measurements
*2: Sweeping in Fast mode; total time required for wavelength sweep, analysis, and data transfer to remote server
[Target Markets and Applications]
- Target Markets: Makers of optical devices and modules
- Applications: Manufacturing and R&D of optical active and passive devices