Position: Principal Application Support Engineer
Experience: 6 years and above
Provide pre-sales technical support for evaluations and demos of Anritsu Wireless test systems
(RTD/MD8430A, ME7834LA PCT/CAT and ME7800L PCT/RFCT).
- Responsible for finding the most suitable resources needed to provide successful product demonstrations etc.
- All responsibilities of a product support engineer
- Provide support for a world beating range of products, working within an established team of highly skilled support engineers
- Provide support for all Customer Profiles: LTE, UMTS Protocol & Layer 1 development , IOT & Conformance Test, Network Operators
- Be a Customer champion
- May have specific responsibility for management of key accounts or key product areas.
- Work closely with our in-house Engineering and customer support teams (UK and Japan) to isolate and identify problems, recommend alternative solutions.
- Operation of problem report system, disseminating information appropriately throughout the team.
- Generation of support documentation, training material, presentations, support schedules etc., for internal and external use
- Mentor and coach other team members in specific areas of technical expertise or customer management
- Responsibility for specific projects, e.g. evaluate new features.
- Act as the customer interface to support collaborations with R&D
- To be aware of all issues relating to quality and configuration control in a project environment, and ensure that tasks are performed in accordance with the Dept.’s ISO9000 Quality Procedures. Contribute to Project plans, schedules and budgets.
- To work as part of a team, sharing ideas and skills to the benefit of the Dept. and Project.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer-facing role (pre-sales or post-sales support)
- Domain expertise in 3GPP LTE protocols (particularly RRC, RLC/MAC); > 3 years
- Domain expertise in 3GPP LTE / LTE-A protocols > 1 year
- Demonstrable expertise in more than one key area of UMTS telecommunications protocol, for example; RAB configurations, HSPA or Security procedures. Appreciation of measurement techniques
- Ability to disseminate technical information in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willing to relocate to Anritsu Global Location
- Passion for travelling to meet global customers
- Familiarity with the use and typical applications of the Anritsu range of 3G products (RTD, PCT and CAT)
- Domain expertise in GSM/GPRS protocols
- Experience of using sales force for customer support.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Good working knowledge of PC architecture including Windows
- Proven ability to work in a customer technical liaison / support role. 3-4 years.
- Degree or equivalent within areas of Electrical/Electronic Engineering, maths, physics or telecommunications
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Team Player
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to lead discussion and brainstorming within the team
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written English.
- Applies good balance of theory and practical to enable rapid resolutions of customer issue.
- Acts as role model for more junior staff
- Capable of working under pressure and delivering to tight timescales
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
▶ Location: Bangalore & UK
▶ Start: Immediate
Please submit your CV in English by Online Application Form