Active Antenna Systems and Beamforming in 5G NR
The presentation focus on Active Antenna Systems and Beamforming in 5G NR. It presents the need of this feature and key concepts. It covers the differences between Sub6 GHz and mmWave frequencies and a quick overview on massive MIMO and Channel Emulation.
Main Learning Points:
- Clear understanding of building blocks and key concepts of Active Antenna Systems, Massive MIMO in 5G NR
- Understanding of the details of Beamforming in 5G NR. Understanding of concepts related to reference signals, procedures, functions of protocol layers
- Understanding of the concepts in both sub6 GHz and mmWave frequencies
- Channel Emulation in 5G NR
- Understanding the need for OTA testing