- W-CDMA L3 and L2 protocol test capability
- 3GPP Standard compliant development tool
- Environment supporting TTCN test case execution
- TTCN test library available (option)
- Utilizes MD8480C W-CDMA Signaling Testers
The MX785201A W-CDMA/UMTS Protocol Test System (PTS) software, when used with an MD8480C and linked to a prototype or actual 3GPP wireless device, enables Layer 2 and Layer 3 Test Procedures to be run for verification and subsequent validation of W-CDMA/UMTS wireless device signaling protocol stacks using TTCN. It provides a framework for controlling and executing test procedures on the Anritsu MD8480C W-CDMA Signaling Tester (Base Station simulator).
The PTS system consists of software components that run on a PC. It executes TestStand™ test sequences made up of calls into a library of TTCN test cases through which can be defined:
- Sequences of Layer 3 messages and expected responses
- Layer 3 to Layer 2 service primitives to trigger specific Layer 2 procedures, or to configure Layer 2 operation
- Layer 3 to Layer 1 service primitives to configure and initiate Layer 1 operation
- Service primitives to and from user-provided code
The PTS supports multiple 3G cells enabling Soft and Hard Handover tests to be carried out. In addition, inter-system Handover tests from GERAN to UTRAN, and vice versa are supplied.