The Microwave Site Master S820E family with frequency options covering 1 MHz to 8, 14, 20, 30, and 40 GHz, is the world’s most advanced Site Master ever developed. VNA mode provides fully reversing sweep, 4 S-Parameter simultaneous measurement capabilities with user configurable quad display. Generates standard industry compatible format S2P files (3 types of S2P files are available). S2P files can be imported into Anritsu benchtop VNA’s (VectorStar™ and ShockLine™) for ease of comparison between field and lab measurements. Utilizing the same advanced sampler technology used in our premium VectorStar™ VNA models and our newest ShockLine™ VNA models. The S820E delivers benchtop microwave performance in a compact handheld package. No other handheld microwave cable & antenna analyzer/vector network analyzer available today can match the dynamic range performance of the S820E models. With 110 dB of dynamic range up to 40 GHz, the S820E even surpasses the performance of older generation benchtop VNA’s. Modern connectivity options (USB, Ethernet) are standard as well as full remote control capability.
The S820E replaces the former S810D/S820D microwave cable & antenna analyzers, and provides all of the capabilities of those models plus more. The S820E also includes “Classic Mode” which allows former users of the S8X0D series to become immediately productive with a minimal additional effort.
A built-in help menu provides easy access to help and also includes the full instrument user guide.
Standard 1-port measurement capabilities include:
- Return Loss
- Cable Loss
- Smith Chart
- Distance-to-fault Return Loss
- Distance-to-fault VSWR
- Hi-Accuracy RF Power (USB Sensor required)
Standard 2-port measurement capabilities include:
- 2-port Transmission Measurement
- 2-port Transmission Measurement (Ext. Sensor required)
- 2-port Swept Cable Loss (Ext. Sensor required)
Optional Vector Network Analyzer capabilities include:
- Fully reversing sweep, no need to reverse DUT for S12 and S22 measurements
- Simultaneous measurement of all 4 S-Parameters for a 2 port device
- User configurable quad display in 1,2,3 or 4 display trace format with any combination of trace overlays
- Large selection of graph types, including Real Impedance and Imaginary Impedance
- IFBW selection from 10 Hz to 100 kHz in 1/2/5 format
- Saves S2P files (3 formats), measurement files (.svna), screen images (.png), CSV and TXT files
- Reference plane extension (both ports) feature also allows compensation for loss
- User definable arbitrary data points, not limited to fixed selection
- Interpolation (user selectable on/off) reduces need to re-calibrate
- Independent trace-based smoothing, markers, limits, and pass/fail testing
Transmission and 2-port swept cable loss measurements using an external USB sensor allow users to accurately measure loss in long cables and waveguide assemblies where each end of the assembly is far away from each other. Sensors may be extended up to to 85m (278 ft) using the Anritsu USB Extender (2000-1717-R) and a suitable length of UTP Cat 6 cable. Anritsu offers a 22.5m Cat 5e cable (2100-28-R) to satisfy most application requirements.
Patented RF interference rejection enables accurate measurements in the presence of high RF activity. Both coaxial and waveguide measurement types are supported.
Designed from the ground up to provide cutting edge performance, the architecture internally is a 4 receiver fully reversing 2-port vector network analyzer. This architecture allows for future upgrade options which will further extend the instrument’s powerful capabilities, future-proofing your investment for many years to come.
Line Sweep Tools (LST) is a free data analysis software utility that enables assessment of system trends, problems, and performance in addition to professional report generation.