- Call processing and protocol test capabilities for multiple communication systems (W-CDMA, GSM/GPRS/EGPRS, CDMA2000, 1xEV-DO Rev.0 and A, TD-SCDMA)
- Wide frequency coverage (400 MHz to 2.7 GHz) allows emulation of global networks and bands
- A single platform implements functional testing of UE applications such as voice calling, video calling, packet communications and SMS/MMS
- Simple call setup and status/monitoring using the WNS (Wireless Network Simulator) GUI
- Advanced mobile device and application testing using C and PERL-based scenario scripting (i.e. W-CDMA: Voice/Video call/Packet; GSM: Voice; GPRS/EGPRS: Packet; PERL for CDMA 2000)
The MD8470A Signaling Tester offers the optimum solution for mobile UE protocol stack with a focus on application development. It supports the processes required for testing various applications including voice calling, browser/contents download, video calling, and end-to-end UE communications (with a single MD8470A). Also, the PPP server functionality is included.The Wireless Network Simulator software incorporated in the MX847010A W-CDMA/GSM Simulation Kit simulates interactive base station operation and allows basic connection tests to be performed without creating scenarios, reducing the costs of creating and managing scenarios. With its enhanced W-CDMA/GSM functions, the WNS software and Simulation Kit provide solutions that support the ever-increasing number of wireless device applications. More complex testing is also supported by C-based scenario scripting, allowing execution of custom sequences and viewing/analysis of protocol logs.
In addition to W-CDMA / GSM testing using WNS and C-scenarios, the MD8470A also offers test capability for both TD-SCDMA and 1xRTT/1xEV-DO at the application layer and lower in the protocol stack. TD-SCDMA testing is supported trough C-based scenario scripting, while 1xRTT/1xEV-DO testing is supported with WNS, native PERL, Scenario Composer, or other APIs.