Solutions for Testing Cable and Connector Continuity
Test and Measurement Solutions for Automotive Applications
The Automotive Industry is constantly increasing the presence of technology in vehicles. In excess of 100 separate control units will be part of average modern car, all generating more and more applications for informing and entertaining the passengers. All these devices, connected with each other, are constantly sending data to central computers or displays. Anritsu's OTDR and GigE analyzer are used for ensuring the high transmission rates in all points of the in-vehicle network.
Anritsu's Site Master and Vector Network Analyzers check the proper continuity of cables and connectors.
MT1000A Network Master Pro
Today’s in-vehicle communication networks are becoming more and more sophisticated as new technologies like Ethernet is being fully deployed alongside the entire car.
The MT1000A redefines the direction of future test platforms by bringing network test requirements to a portable device, making it the ideal tool for field testing.
- All-in-one field transport tester – supports testing from 1.5 Mbps to 10 Gbps:
- Automated RFC 2544 tests of Throughput, Frame Loss, Latency or Packet Jitter, Burstability
- BER tests – include Frame Loss and Sequence Error tests
- Electrical cable tests and optical signal level displays
- Easy and intuitive GUI
- Remote operation and remote control (scripting)
MS46122A USB Vector Network Analyzer
The MS46122A is the smallest, most advanced 2-port VNA in the world. The Shockline series benefits from patented VNA-on-chip technology, which simplifies the internal VNA architecture at high frequencies, reduces instrument cost, and enhances accuracy and measurement repeatability.
All the members of the MS46122A series are low cost full-reversing 2-port VNAs aimed at RF and microwave applications in manufacturing, engineering and education. With 220 microseconds per point sweep speed and better than 100 dB dynamic range they are extremely suitable for a wide variety of device test applications in the Automotive Industry, such as cable, connectors, antenna or radar.
- World’s first series of compact VNAs from 1 MHz to 40 GHz for cost-effective measurements.
- PC control takes advantage of external computer processing power and functionality.
MT9090A Network Master uOTDR
The MT9090A is the right answer for testing the growing optical elements that form part of the car’s communication and infotainment systems.
The increasing amount of optical sensors in cars will require uncountable checks of optical cables, connectors or splitters. The MT9090A is the easiest and most comprehensive means of completing these tests.
- High-end OTDR performance in a pocket-size package
- Exclusive, integrated launch fiber provides accurate initial connector measurement without external devices
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity
- Complete PON testing through splitters up to 1x64
S331E Handheld Spectrum Analyzer
The Site Master™ S331E compact handheld cable and antenna analyzer can complete sweeps quickly, perform calibrations instantly and implement fast trace naming while in the field.
It is the ideal product for cable and antenna installation and maintenance in the automotive industry. Insertion loss, 2-port measurements of amplifiers, duplexers, diplexers or filters, phase matching cables and antenna tuning are relevant applications fitting into the upcoming in-vehicle networks.
- Cable and antenna analyzer: 2 MHz – 4 GHz
- Return Loss, VSWR, cable loss, Distance-To-Fault (DTF), Smith Chart, 1-port phase
- Field-proven design with four-hour battery life and rugged, compact, lightweight, daylight viewable display
MU909060A Gigabit Ethernet Analyzer
For installation, commissioning and quality verification, the Network Master™ Gigabit Ethernet tester provides powerful and flexible traffic generation capabilities, allowing you to easily test the in-vehicle network under various conditions, including generation of VLAN traffic.
The instrument also provides facilities for BER testing of the lines, performance statistics and quality evaluation.
- Versatile, purpose-built solution for Gigabit Ethernet field testing
- Comprehensive Ethernet testing for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ping test, traceroute test and electrical cable diagnostics